Poteet ISD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. If you require any additional information, please contact the Poteet ISD Human Resource Department (830) 742-3567.
Qualifications for Substitute Teacher…
- Candidates must be 19 years of age for substitute positions at the Elementary/Intermediate campuses.
- Candidates must be 21 years of age for substitute positions at the middle school or high school campus.
- Candidates should complete and submit an online application or may contact the Administrative Office to receive an application.
- All substitute teachers must have a high school diploma or GED.
- If selected for district substitute training, substitutes must provide a college transcript or high school transcript.
- Poteet ISD currently pays for all substitutes criminal background checks but expects the substitute to devoted a sufficient amount of time to substituting for the district.
- A substitute is considered an “at-will employee” and as such has no contract with the district.
- If the administration feels that it is not in the best interest to continue to use the services of the substitute they may remove the substitute from the calling list.
- Retired teachers that are receiving TRS benefits are now eligible to substitute for an unlimited number of days during a school year.
Returning Substitute Teachers …
- Returning substitute teachers will need to return the reasonable assurance letters that are sent in April of each year. Failure to return the reasonable assurance letter by the assigned day will result in having to complete a new packet.
Substitute Teacher Training Dates …
- Substitute teacher training is held periodically throughout the school year. You will receive a letter from the Human Resource Dept. before the next substitute training occurs.